“The mind when housed within a healthful body,
possesses a glorious sense of power.”
Reaching health goals with Pilates is a path anyone can embark on. The gift of Pilates is that exercises can be modified to meet the needs of the individual. My students come from various backgrounds, such as:
- Special needs clients
- People suffering from orthopedic problems (neck/shoulder/spine/hip/knee/foot/scoliosis, etc)
- People recovering from orthopaedic surgeries
- Those who live with Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis and Spinal Cord Injuries
- People affected by Osteopenia or Osteoporosis
- People who often injure themselves when they participate in group exercises (yoga, boot camp, running, CrossFit, weight training or kettlebell training)
- Seniors who want to stay fit and healthy
- Gym haters, who dislike weights and machines
- Active athletes (runners, swimmers, boxers, tennis players, golfers)
- People looking to compliment their weight training and cardio routine
- Expectant mothers
- New mums shedding baby weight
- Your lower half resists a spring load = tight hips, butt and thighs.
- All movement is directed from the abdominal wall = A well-toned six-pack.
- Your spine is constantly elongated = You’ll probably gain 1″ in height. (Sounds crazy, but I’ve seen it happen)
- The strength and flexibility of your chest and back are balanced = Good-bye backache.
- Hello great posture!
- Your arms are challenged in so many directions = Dramatically sculpted arms.